View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 12:05 AM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

EPISODE III : Revenge Of The Upgrade

So we moved from PoCo to Maple Ridge in September of 2021. Brand new house, double the square footage, but no chance of having a fish room below the display tank as I wanted. Oh well, guess it'll wait for the retirement house. Honestly, I was getting quite tired of having blaring blue light flood the living room while trying to watch tv. So I made the decision to have the tank downstairs next to an unused washroom I can convert into a fish room.

All my stuff sat for a couple months while we unpacked and did a few quick renos to make our new home functional.

The new spot is the downstairs landing, right next to a washroom. Not enough room for a couch, but I can squeeze a chair or two in there.

Rich came over and sprayed the back of the tank black, because he just couldn't stand looking at it anymore.

Then started the task of putting everything back together.

And here's how she sits today. Guess I should have cleaned all the glass for the pic.

Major upgrades to follow. Convert the washroom into a fish room full of gear. Order a new sump from Concepts. Switch the current sump into a fuge. Build an electronics cabinet for all the electrical do-dabs. Automate water changes and dosing. We will see how far I get with all this.

Updates to follow, thanks for looking.