View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 11:48 PM

Llorgon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinreefer View Post
Whoa that sucks.

But maybe something else is awry?
I'm new to controllers and I'll tell ya there's quite the learning curve and I found it quite frustrating to figure out on my own.

For my set up, my top up reservoir (brute can) has a water level higher than my sump, so although the ATK comes with a check valve, I needed to get the solenoid to make it work properly.

It could be that something else is up. I haven't changed my setup and it was working for 6 months and then stopped.

My reservoir also has a water level higher than the sump when filled up, but right now it's far lower and it still keeps the pump going.

I think the neptune people are a little unsure as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scherzo View Post
I had multiple problems too. Apparently forums everywhere people are reporting issues.

I had sensor #2 fail - they replaced it.
Then my PMUP went bad - had it replaced.

Working now for 2 weeks -s that is good.

I think if I ever have my sensors replaced I might put some silicone on the back of it where the wire enters the sensor. I did this with my old DIY float switch ATO that ran for 8 years. It may be a point of failure.

The PMUP might be a bad design - so if it fails again (if I reach outside of my warranty period) I'll just rig up a different pump. But then essentially I'd be only using the ATK for the optical sensor.

It is frustrating - thousands of dollars spent on the Apex system - pretty happy over the 8/9 years I've had it - but has not been a smooth experience for the ATK.

Ya I have noticed lots of people having issues with this. Really annoying since it's so expensive. I am wondering if it's one of my sensors that has gone since I can have them both under the water and the thing is still on and pumping water.

As a update. I have a video call( I guess they escalated) with neptune support on Thursday. Will have to see what comes of it. Really tempted to just ask for my money back and get the tunze ATO. They seem to have good reviews.