Thread: Neven's Reef
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 06:04 AM

neven is on a distinguished road

for a preliminary test i decided to mount it temporary (since its only the guts) and compare to my beamswork 1300. This fixture was about 1.5" higher than the beamswork. Ignore the crappy mounting method, i don't have the basic fixture framed enough allow it to rest nicely on the wall so i used a couple angle brackets i had out, plus with it being like 5am, i didn't want to wake the house rummaging around for something better.

beamswork 1300

gu10

both pics taken at same zoom, same distance and all the same settings on the camera. THe water was cloudy thanks to me forgetting to clean the glass before pics, so i gave it a quick clean.

A bit later i made the outside frame, i added a plank down the length of the wall on the right behind the tank to give me a firm support on that side. I used a light hanging kit i had laying around from when i was working at a sports venue hanging massive light fixtures, so these things are way overkill and adjustible. you'll notice the final height, im not even using all the bulbs and have a screen over the tank that cuts out a lot of light. I had some bleaching without the screen.