Thread: Finnex Heaters
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 02:30 PM

Stones is on a distinguished road

I've run both the digital and analog versions of the Finnex titanium heaters and have been generally pleased with both. I initially tried out a 50 watt digital heater for my small FW planted tank however the digital versions come pre-programmed to power back on at 81F after a power outage. Since I only wanted my tank to run at 76F, this was obviously an issue and ended up causing unnecessary stress to the tank inhabitants following power outages.

All of my finnex heaters since have been the analog versions as you simply set the dial and don't have to worry about the heater coming back on at a temperature that you didn't pre-set.

Obviously if you are using an external controller, you won't have to worry about this anyway but I just wanted to make this fact known as I wasn't aware of this when I originally purchased the digital heater.

The build quality of the heating unit itself looks to be very solid and watertight and I've had no problems whatsoever regulating my water temperature using the analog versions of these heaters.

One of my family members did have a 300 watt unit burn out on them however I suspect that water may have entered the control box as their tank was consistently leaking from the HOB filter.