View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 03:22 AM

theokie is on a distinguished road

I used a few manifold types on my 150 gallon tank, specifically with my closed loop as I wanted to balance my inlets so of one would clog the other two would manage but still be a gentle enough suction as to not harm any live stock.... And gentle is relative, especially when feeding a Super Dart Gold, via 3 1.5 inch inlets that then go to two 1.5 inch flex pipes down to a manifold that is 2 1.5 into 2"

But I digress, flex pvc dot commercial has literally made my plumbing dreams endless, just sadly for this project I can't justify the shipping, brokerage and exchange. As last time I had over 300 dollars between, fittings, valves, manifolds and flex pvc. Scaling it back on the 200 gallon, no closed loop this time... But still not to disappoint I'm still a flow control freak, just a CNC cut false wall, a few power heads and a couple electric ball valves, this time.

I'll try and check to see if any of the spa companies have online catalogs, as otherwise I'm out of luck until my days off, as my cell booster doesn't work at the location I'm at, and I really can't justify using my satellite phone to hunt down pvc fittings for my fish tank, my co workers already think I'm crazy enough going thru apex withdrawal at this location