View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 11:03 PM

ensquire is on a distinguished road
Default New things to try LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grizz View Post
The only other thing that bothers me about your durso Mike is the big valve you have at the top. When I built Adams ( oxymoron ) durso all it took was a very small hole drilled into the cap to get it perfect. I cant remember what size it was but it was super small, I started with a 1/16" drill bit and worked my way up until it was bang on.

What was the flow like thru the gate valve ? I like to have as much flow as my drain can handle more than anything.
These things are all interconnected, so does one have the flow set before drilling holes. I liked the adjustability of the valve on top for that reason, but if it maybe the issue then BYE BYE it goes.

What size pipe did you use for the durso? if you cant get it balanced I will send you a new Tee, elbow and cap. All you would have to do is drill the hole. I will see if I can get Adam to take a couple pics of his durso from the side.

I used 1 1/2" pipe and fittings. I will look and see if I have a cap to experiment with. That is one fitting I can actually find in Yellowknfe.

As for the syphon break, it is really strange that what you did there isnt working. A check valve would solve the problem but I am a little stumped.

I honestly think that the issue is that the bulkead is so low in the overflow, the siphon will not break until there is no water above that point. I will try lifting the elbow inside the overflow, but I am guessing that the siphon will still draw until the water drops below the bulkhead top enough to draw air thru the bulkhead.

Do worry about having all the water that passed through for sump going threw the skimmer. Most if not all systems are the same, not every drop of water goes threw the skimmer before it hits the DT again.
Do or don't worry ??

Last edited by ensquire; 05-24-2012 at 11:09 PM.