View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 01:52 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sengerseahorse View Post
Well wasn't that a nice warm welcome!

Dear Fishaholic;

YES I am for real, no I wasn't trying to get a rise out of you but obviously did.

I like to live by the old adage of if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

YES this was my first post on this particular forum whether you want to believe it or not, that is your choice. Everyone had to start at 1. Even you.

Wow.
This is why I offered advice first before asking if you were for real or just new to the hobby and didn't know any better. Sadly there are people out there who create accounts and say things the most aquarists disagree with just to get a rise out people and start a hot debate. It sometimes gets to the point were you don't know if it's a newbie really seeking advice or if it's someone upset with canreef creating a new user name and account just to stir up trouble. Honestly the later does happen. I've overheard people in the fish stores brag about going to their friends house (in order to have access to a different ip address) and create a new account just to make posts that would "stir the pot" so to speak. So sorry, but I was curious and had to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewGuy View Post
She wasnt trying to offend or make a rude comment. the tang issue is one that is hotly debated on this and many forums. what fishaholic is trying to say is more research into what your trying to keep is needed. if you put a tang in a 30g, it might be fine for a little while but it will very quickly outgrow the tank. at that point they get very stressed and wont live long. i cant speak for the garden eels myself. liveaquaria is a good starting place when researching new fish. there are many other good resources on the internet. research is key to keeping a successful tank!
Thank-you, I was trying to give helpful advice for the OP to be aware of.