View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 07:25 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenz0 View Post
rock boring urchin
+1

Aka "math" urchin - Echinometra mathaei.

Fairly hardy but have a rather annoying tendency to rearrange rockwork in our tanks. Mine is sumped at the moment because I grew weary of fixing the landslides. I bought mine because, well, I do kinda like them, you see them all over the place in Hawaii and I like Hawaii better than Calgary but I live in Calgary and not Hawaii so anything I can do to remind myself of Hawaii is a good thing although it tends to more often than not just remind me that I am, not, in fact, in Hawaii and then life just starts to suck. But also because they will sometimes eat caulerpa and other macros and I needed some help keeping that stuff at bay. But alas, it turns out that "sometimes" means the same as "sometimes not" and guess which category mine fell into? Not the caulerpa eating helpful category, but the "Your Feng Shui is all wrong, here let me help" kind of helpful category. Stupid urchins.