View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 10:10 PM

GrimReefer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daplatapus View Post
With my Jarduino setup I've got 7 channels with the moon lights included. Each channel is separately controlled and only one colour comes on at a time. But that's a one time set up and once dialed in never touched again.
That's a bit different than what I have set up. Currently there is morning, midday, evening, and night "points". You set the time that each point starts, the level of each channel, and the ramp time:

How do you feel about that?

Quote:
One feature I want to incorporate but don't have yet is a acclimation feature. You get new corals in, hit a button and the fixture dims to say 60% of your regular day to day functions, and over the course of say a week or 2 maybe, it ramps back to the original settings. Perhaps an increase of a few percent per day or something.
I think that's a useful feature worth adding.

Quote:
For the techy photo guys they may want a save function for say 10K, 15K or 20K, so that if they're going to take pics but their cameras suck at certain K ratings they just hit a pre-set button that they made when they first set it up, and voila perfect light mix for pic taking.
Totally. You can accomplish this with the Scenes feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grizz View Post
With my large DIY build I have 5 channels in use with my Profilux 2ex. I can't do moon cycles with it or any other special lighting features, would really like to do at least the cloud cover thing just cause the affect looks pretty neat. I have my LEDs setup so one row of blues come on first, then 2nd row blues, then 1st row whites followed by 2nd set of whites. Red & greens come on later in the morning followed by the high noon kit of white. I would like to add some true UV as I have an extra driver. The acclimation feature would be pretty unique as well.
The special lighting features will be covered. What do you think about the day-to-day stuff though? Do you think you'd be happy with our current settings?