View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 02:32 PM

henri2009 is on a distinguished road

I have been using AF Reef Salt (in conjunction with Chemi Pure Blue and Seachem Matrix) since starting my first tank about 5 months ago. I had a serious cyano and brown algae issue which I thought would eventually calm down after cycling but around the 4 month mark, nothing was changing and it was rather ugly.

About a month ago, I did a heavy cleaning to rid most of the algae, water change and changed out my media to start using AF Phosphate Minus and AF Carbon with the daily dosing of AF Pro Bio S and AF NP Pro. My algae is now well under control and I'm very happy with the results.

My idea when starting my tank was to go all Aqua Forest products (which I didn't) but happy I eventually went that route. With the addition of more coral in the future, I plan on dosing AF Magnesium/KH/Calcium and the use of AF Build and AF Energy.

Everybody's experience seem to be a little different by I found using Aqua Forests media products in conjunction with the AF Reef Salt yields the best results. Pricing is pretty reasonable too.

Last edited by henri2009; 12-19-2017 at 02:34 PM.