View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 02:49 AM

Johnny Reefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Johnny Reefer
Default Johnny Reefer's 135 FOWLR

Two things:
1). Changed the name of this thread. (Original title: “Setting Up a 135 FOWLR.” Originally in Newbie Creation). It sorta didn’t evolve the way I intended. That being an experience in setting up an FOWLR. I guess it’s a Tank Spec now.

2). Update:
Things are good. SG is 1.019, and I have the lighting going for 8 ½ hours/day. Continue to slowly increase both.
The brown diatom algae has begun to recede, but there is still some present.
Still no green algae to speak of at all.
My LFS was gracious enough to replace the male Blue Chin Trigger with a 2 ½” Picasso (aka Humuhumu) Trigger, even though the death of the Blue Chin was not their fault. (I think the Blue Chin died from stress due to shipping). The Humuhumu was introduced today. (Freshwater dipped for 1 ½ minutes, in lieu of QT’ing). The new Trigger took to it’s new surroundings almost immediately, and is actually the “Boss” of the tank. It’s certainly telling the female Blue Chin who’s boss, by givin’ her a good chase once in a while. Oh behave! Hopefully, after a day or two, the Humuhumu will be satisfied that the Blue Chin understands the hierarchy and things will settle down. I certainly don’t want it to progress into anything further.
The Humuhumu doesn’t bother the Clown Trigger at all and the Cleaner Wrasse is doing very well. The Cleaner Wrasse eats voraciously at every feeding. Whether it be Mysis; Krill; Brine Shrimp; Formulas One & Two; Silverside bits…it goes after it.

Well that’s all for now…

Cheers,