View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 11:47 PM

FishingGoalie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
If your clownfish is looking that bad, most treatments will not be effective.

Pumping garlic will do nothing as it has no effect on ich . The only use for garlic is an appetite stimulant.

In my experience, the only effective treatment for ich that you can easily get your hands on is copper.

I bring in tons of clowns and have battled ich almost every shipment (mainly from tangs) and if the body is covered as bad as your clownfish, I rarely can save it.

All aquariums have ich, and its normal to get a few cysts on your fish once in awhile. If a fish is healthy and eating well, then it's own immune response will typically fight it off.

The main cause of ich overunning your tank is if a fish is stressed out and it takes over that fish. When a huge population of ich has formed on a single fish, its basically a breeding ground for it and thats how it "spreads and kills" all your other fish. Its the sudden increase in the ich population in your tank that will wipe out all the fish.

What I suggest you do is take the clown out and quarantine it with copper. If you do not have a quarantine, then I would put it out of it's misery before the cysts spread to your other fish.
I agree i would take the fish out as soon as possible and just hope the rest of the inhabitants don't get ich. You could also try Hyposalinity but if you do it be sure you read tonnes about it first if you PM me i will give you some more details on it. I would also contact "reefwars" as he will help you along with the Hyposalinity, as well as give you tips