View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 04:35 PM
LOVES STAR WARS... mostly Ewoks and Porgs.

hunggi74 is on a distinguished road

So I moved in September and since no move is a proper move without upgrading your reef tank, that's what I did. I was the lucky person with the privilege of buying Mikepclo's tank as he was getting bored 😐 too much success does that to one I guess. I wouldn't know that's for sure lol I'm sure you've all seen his tank thread. I've got a lot to live up to. Failing hard lol
Tank is 48"x30"x19" custom sump simple in design. I'm using a Fluval SP6 for my return. Lots of flow. Overkill probably but the drains can handle it. I'm running an Avast BP reactor with some regular BP and a BRS reactor for rowaphos. I've switched from a Zeo system to a very basic AF system. Their Reef Salt and Component 123 is all I dose now. I love the simplicity of this product and my big three are stable. The tank transfer paled my corals and stunted I also lost some. To this day they're still very pale but some pieces are starting to head in the right direction so I am hopeful. Just enough to keep me still in the hobby lol I also bought an ATI dimmable Sunpower 8 bulb unit. No lack of light as the unit sits 7" above the waterline. The way the light rack was built, the fixture sits further back in the tank so you can still have your LPS and lower light SPS along the front of the tank.
I will upload pics when I have more time. Thanks for reading this.