View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 02:28 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by asylumdown View Post
SO this tank has been set up since April. So far, I've not dosed a single drop of magnesium, and yet I've never had a test result come back below 1400ppm, averages around 1440. I thought it was my test kit, so I bought a new one and same result.
I took a look at your build, I wouldn't expect your tank to go through a lot of Mg, back in the days of the massive Mg crashes we used to have about 2lb per gal of rock, and cramed full of SPS, and DSB even at that point my own tank never developed Mg problems for about a year. I had a 8" DSB, 240lbs of rock in a 90 gal tank, and every inch was filled with SPS.

I noticed a while ago the trend now is more open tanks and thinner sand beds, and I also noticed people stopped posting of low Mg. Keep an eye on it but I don't suspect it will take more than the odd addition during water changes.

but then I could be wrong also just my 2 cents

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.