View Single Post
Old 04-09-2003, 03:39 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I think it's personal preference. If I'm not mistaken (and that is a very big if), Kent salt is IO salt with maybe a few additives thrown in. So Kent salt should theoretically be more (ew, I'm about to use an overused early 90's business cliché) "value added."

Maybe Kent is thus more akin to IO "Reef Crystals" which again is standard IO but with "stuff" added. I used Reef Crystals for a time when starting up because I liked the idea but in the end I found the cost to be too prohibitive (you can get good deals on IO, but rarely if ever on Reef Crystals). So I went back to IO.

They say it's personal preference. If you try both and find you like one better than the other then go with that.

I myself use IO ... I haven't really noticed any problems with it. I don't think you'll really regret either brand. So far, I haven't had any Ca or Alk values that I wasn't able to compensate for with the reactor. I've never tested for Mg.

BTW, I'm thinking that $70 must be too good to be true. I can't beleive BA would have an edge on J&L for pricing .... Chris, did you explore how much shipping would be impacted for additional buckets purchased? The only worry I have is that, say for example, 5 buckets of salt exceeds some shipping threshold and bumps up the shipment into some higher pricing bracket. Maybe not, hopefully not, but maybe worthwhile double-checking beforehand..