View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 02:53 PM

Taipan is on a distinguished road

A local LFS brought in a shipment this past Thursday night/Friday morning. It was one of the best shipments I've seen in years. They had approx. 200 in the shipment and by the time I got there when the store opened; 30 had been sold within 5 mins, a select few reserved, and some were to be shared amongst other LFS.

There was still a good retail selection on Saturday and Sunday. A friend had asked me to drop by the store on Monday to select one for him and there were only a handful of each size remaining. They went fairly fast (I also posted this event on a local forum to let fellow hobbyists know).

That being said.....I wouldn't be surprised if some were to make their way out West....and East for that matter. I know some were reserved to be shipped out. I'm uncertain as to the specific details.

Enclosed are mobile phone pics (best I could do at the time) of the shipment sitting in various coral vats at the local store and at local wholesaler.

Apologies - I didn't want to ask the store for a pause in the powerhead/return pump (for a better pic) just in case it would introduce air bubbles into the system when power was restored.

Here are 2 small ones that friends asked me to pick out for them that day: