View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 05:56 PM

Malibu is on a distinguished road

Well, I just thought I'd update on this one for those who took the time to give me suggestions...

Firstly, I changed the lights in the original 50 gal that I didn't like the substrate in... I have a few plants in there and really want to do a planted aquarium, so I bought some better bulbs designed for planted aquariums. Then I noticed that the fish seem to like the end where there are plants, and really watched them in that area and realized that their colors are much brighter and show up nicer against both the substrate and the plants with the new bulbs in place. SO, I'm leaving the live-bearers and tetras where they are for now.

I did, however, find another tank to set up with black gravel. - a 60 gal here in town that I paid $125 for the tank and beautiful stand that now holds my new tank on top, and my 30 gal goldfish tank on the bottom.

I also am thinking about putting plants in here, but haven't fully decided yet. Either way, I'm researching cichlids and trying to decide if I want to have some of them in my new tank (when it's ready in about a month...) I put a mixture of jet black rock with charcoal sand - it looks really great! I took some pictures of everything last weekend, so I'll upload pics soon.

Anyway, thanks for those who gave me suggestions...