Thread: Adding PO4?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 05:37 PM
The Don

Galizio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimper View Post
I had the same issue after I switched to AF. My nitrates rose from 0 to 30 ppm after a couple of weeks of using Pro Bio S/NP Pro/Zeomix. My nutrients (NO3: 30ppm PO4: 0) sat there for 3 weeks.

I did 25% weekly WC to lower my NO3 level and continue dosing Pro Bio S/NP Pro. I must admit I almost give up after 2 weeks though I didn't noticed anything odd with my corals except that my yellow green monti turned darker green.

Until last week my NO3 dropped to 10ppm to undetectable 2 days ago. I noticed that my skimate turned darker and darker and indication that the bacteria now took over.

I'm dosing KNO3 now for 2 straight days now and feeding heavily to balance the system.

How long have you been using AF? Do you use Zeomix?

Don't know if the OP use the zeolite, I do , but are the zeo brand. I managed to lower the po4 and also the nitrate from 50 to 25 in the last to weeks also with water changes. I noticed my value went up when I took the zeolite off the reactor and use them in a mesh bag, so now the reactor is back on and the values are going down slowly, but at least going down... I used to dose mb7 and biofuel before switching to aquaforest pro bio s /np pro for over a month now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk