View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 05:22 AM
Gold Member

mseepman is on a distinguished road

Well, it's been a while since my last update. House is coming along but it never moves the way you want it to.

Thought I would share a picture of the fish room coming together. The walls of the room are all Fir Veneer and will be heavily laquered. I thought I would deviate from the standard white room and go with something a little different. Plus the sheets of wood allow me to access the in-wall plumbing and or electrical if ever there is a problem. Ignore the copper pipes you see. Due to the huge beams that were used to support the tank upstairs, it was more cost effective to put a few water shutoff's in this room rather than having to box them out under the beam and take them to my main utility room.

My HRV is a stand alone unit and will be mounted on the ceiling. The room has a stand alone 100Amp service and about half the electrical circuits are on an auto transfer switch with an 8kW Natural Gas generator.

By the way, the ceiling isn't that low, the picture was partially obscured by paper taped throughout the entrance as they are spraying the door trim this week.

290g Peninsula Display, 425g total volume. Setup Jan 2013.