View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 06:32 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Glad you got it sorted...

Although..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoD View Post
I just flushed the RO membrane couple days ago. but i cant believe its higher than my tap water (170 TDS)
FWIW, it's better if you flush your membrane for about 5 minutes for every time you use it. When the RO sits there idle, the TDS creeps up so the first few minutes when you turn it on there is a "TDS surge" where the TDS coming off the membrane will be pretty much tap water level. This might get all absorbed by the DI but obviously it will deplete your DI that much faster. Plus it's harder on the membrane. So I suggest just flush it everytime you use it - you'll get way more longevity out of your DI and your RO membranes.

(Unless you're having it on all the time - although doing that will exhaust your membranes much faster than simply filling a reservoir every couple of days.)