View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 01:49 AM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough
Default Fishoholic's 2012 nano contest entry

So I was reading about the contest thinking about things and remembering Aysha saying this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysha View Post
I'm not allowed anymore tanks I finally got this one running ship shape...hunnnyyyyyy we need to enter the nano contest.....
thinking Doug would kill me, cause I need another tank like I need a hole in the head, but then I started seeing how many others were getting involved and decided I wanted to be a part of it too

So after talking with Doug (my boyfriend aka fishytime for those who may not already know) and he mentioned the skimz ibox nano tank that he had, that he never did get around to setting up, and needless to say an went off in my head and I decided I'm in

So my entry is a Skimz ibox nano tank, it holds about 2.5g. I've heard the light it comes with isn't great so I'm looking into upgrading it with an eco pico LED light. It's going to sit on the edge of Doug's computer desk and I have most of the stuff I need to get it going:
live rock; going to steal some from my 230g
sand; have to rinse the sand I had in my 10g and use it
air pump and longer air hose (used to run the skimmer it came with); found them in Doug's extra tank supply area
saltwater; taking it from the water I already have mixed for my water change on my big tank.

Now all I need is a small heater which I'll look into getting tomorrow. Already started taking progress pic's (as I'm all about the pic's) and I will post them with explanations later, for now I'm off to rinse some old dirty sand