View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 04:24 PM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

It's a baby Achilles compared to the ones I seen at aquarium in Maui, the most important thing about Achilles is they need lots of flow. These fish reside mostly in turbulent waters, crashing waves with lots of oxygenated water and they spend most of their day swimming through waves, so while a lot of us keep these fish in tanks none of us can actually replicate their true home. I will be getting even more flow for the tank soon.

Achilles can grow up to 10", my friend has a 12ft tank so I am sure once he outgrows this tank I will let him have my fish. But for now he's happy as heck since he is the boss of the tank, it's very important with these fish for them to be introduced early. If you have any other aggressors like a six line or Melanarus or smaller angels when you introduce this fish they can easily get stressed and ich. Sometimes if you're lucky they can fight off the ich after 6-8 months. But if they can't stop feeding then they perish very fast. Don't ask me how I know. I have only ever owned 1 other Achilles but usually it takes 2-3 before you have 1 strong survivor.

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips