View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 01:13 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tang daddy View Post
Hey Myka long time no talk....It's abs plastic not hdpe! checked with the guy at the store he was nice enough to cut a sample piece and stick it in a bucket of tap water and the abs sank like a dollar bill swaying to the floor of a Vegas strip club, that's when I knew I was in bidness💦
The young fella also said it would bond to silicone as long as you rough up the smooth side. Abs is one side rough and the other smooth, at first I thought I would use the smooth side up but after carefull consideration and seeing my friends hermits go glass gliding on the their BB tanks I decided to use the rough side up. Also I think it gives it a more real texture and when the coraline covers the bottom it should give it a more real textured look.
Nice!!! Sinking is awesome - HDPE is such a PITA to work with. I also like your lighting choice. I wouldn't add any LEDs to that...I'd go for a couple ATI Actinic bulbs if anything for dusk/dawn. I haven't used actinic bulbs in years, and added one to my fixture a couple months ago, and holy cow does it ever make a difference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tang daddy View Post
I added a few fishy friends, JL loves me.

Achilles tang
An Achilles for a 30" cube? Do you think that's a good idea? I've seen a 5" Achilles make a 10' tank look small.

SPS fanatic.