View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 08:46 PM

fixerupper is on a distinguished road

Wow, you sound very defensive. I was not making any judgement as to your personal choice where you shop. Indeed, the place sounds sketchy at best. Obviously we should all spend our hard-earned dollars where we feel best. Believe it or not I'm in Calgary every 2 weeks and I've spent way more there than Edmonton. I must have missed where it was stated that anyone outside of Calgary couldn't comment or have an opinion. My apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin2you View Post
Well my personal choice not to support riverfront years ago had nothing to do with what I had ever seen or heard in the news (which was actually nothing!) but what I saw with my own eyes in the shop which was dead fish all over the floor & tanks full of other dead & injured fish. Sorry not the kind of visual impression I appreciate.
I chose not to give Reef Wonderland my business when they were open either, b/c when I was there you couldn't see into the tanks for the algae growing on the glass so thick it was discusting.
I am choosing to no longer give Concept Aquariums my business b/c they have chosen to make business decisions I personally don't find acceptable. That's the great thing about this forum & thread, it was started as a way for a bunch of us to discuss our personal experiences at the shops in Calgary!

20 year old Hagen 100g 6' mixed reef. 36g sump with multiple broken Waveline products removed. Lights T5-LED combo.
1 Coral Beauty, 1 Flame, 1 Blue Tang, 5 Green Chromis, 2 Pajama Cardinals, Asst'd hermits & snails.
2 large boxes of broken expensive aquarium crap. 1 x VERY understanding wife.