View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 01:18 AM

axe_man16 is on a distinguished road

This is an over-due update. Been a bit of an adjustment switching to LED's. After my T5's started crapping out my corals were a little worse for ware. most had browned or gone completely white. I started the led's low and gradually increased the intensity.

I noticed that the colors were not doing any better so i did some water tests. All seemed ok, except I have been using cheap test kits. So I bought some Salifert kits and after I did a water change I realized I was very low in Alkalinity which I never really tested as with my older tests it was always the same. My tests were 5.7dkh Alk (used salifert now) , 550 in cal (normally keep this at 410-450) Mag was 1120. Nitrate was .2ppm i believe (still don't know if this is low or high) Phosphate was 0.

I have since lowered my lighting intensity and removed some of the lenses to spread the light a bit better. And gotten my params back to what they should be.

These are some pics of a coral I had that was not doing so good but seems to be coming around since the adjustments.

before

after

This is one coral that I got last year and seems to be doing good

Now

as you can see some corals are not doing as good. Although they do have polyps, so I wonder if I should still hold out hope.

And these are some fish pics

My Filamented Wrasse (Thanks Steve! Red Coral)

feeding time!