View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 08:01 PM

Denis is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone,
I just came back from camping trip. I appreciate all the praises and kind words.
I'll take some pics of the equipment later tonight. I knew I should have done little more on the equipment side.
The main tank is connected to the main sump in the basement fish room about 50' away.
The fish room is about 8' by 20' and contains main sump, grow tank, two skimmers, two 55 gal drums full of live rock, one 55g drum for kalwasser, 55g water change tank, sink and storage shelfs.
Main circulation pump is Iwaki 70 for winter and Reeflo Whahoo for summer.
Water from the main tank arrives in the fishroom in receiving/distribution sump (~15g) close to the ceiling, from here it's fed into the skimmers and rest free-flows into the grow tank. From the grow tank water overflows into the two live rock barrels and from those water finally ends up in the main sump. These is also large calcium reactor, gravity fed from the grow tank above.
Top up is kalk via large peristaltic pump from 55g drum (made in batches), that lasts 10 days and then there is 10g fresh water reservoir gravity fed via float valve into the sump.
Heat is provided separately for upstairs and grow tanks and it's controlled with Neptune Apex.
Apex has 2 power bars, PM1 and PM2 expansion modules, 2 temp probes, ORP and conductivity probes.
Power for all the Tunze power heads is provided with 2 day UPS and some of the essential equipment is wired for generator hookup.
I also have Water Bug for on the floor alarm. Surveillance is provided with 2 web cams with web server.
I'll try to add some pics later.
Cheers.

150g SPS reef;3x250WHQI,Tunze Streams,Wavebox,Neptune Apex,fishroom in basement ,reefing since 93,SPS since 99.
TOTM June 2010