View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 07:04 AM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

So my wife and I moved out of my parents guest house a few months ago and into the place we just built which is a really nice change.

However, I've been crazy busy doing house stuff both before and after the move which is why I haven't been on the site much... just incase you noticed and cared ahah

Anyway... given the building /moving process my tank was a little neglected before I ever left and even more so after I did.

Once we moved out of my parents guest house my little sister moved from the main house out to the guest house so I left my tank with her for a few months. She's been watching it for me... rather unsuccessfully.

I thought she could handle it for a few months but apparently not ahah. I haven't had a chance to move my tank over to the new place until last week but when I went to pick it up there wasn't a whole lot left. Kinda bad on my end to just leave it with her but that's just life sometimes.

Anyway, my wife isn't a huge fan of the tank to begin with so it's new home is the basement. Apparently, the new house is too nice for my my ugly tank to be allowed on the upper floors. ahah But in actuality I'm fine with that. Given the layout of the house the basement is really the best place for it anyway. However, with no flooring down there I decided it'd be better to get the tank up to a more viewable height.

I hope to get a bit more stock in it again but nothing too crazy or too soon given my current wallet situation.

Eventually, I'd like to put a 6' tank in the same spot. Under the stairs would be the fish room. Seems like a good use of what would otherwise be kinda useless space, and it's close to the future laundry room meaning I won't have to go too far for water or a drain.

Anyway, I've attached some pictures in case you care. Sorry the pictures are so crappy but I didn't feel like playing with the white balance or getting a tripod etc.

I'll post my basement floor plan later and get everyone's input on my plans for the future.