Thread: 20G mixed nano
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 12:13 AM

Canuckgod420 is on a distinguished road

So I think I figured out what to do with my lighting, I had a piece of black acrylic(1/8"), a few cuts here, a few cuts there, some mythelene chloride...ta da....hood/light support
It turned out pretty good, but the acrylic was pretty roughed up so I sanded it and painted the outside with some flat black krylon paint.....turned out nice. What do you all think?

Then i figured there should be some airflow to keep my lights cool so I cut a hole for a fan I yanked from an old computer tower I had.

I just realized that I havent explained where the tank is gonna go and what kind of lighting I am using for this
I have a sunlight supply new wave T5 24" fixture 4 bulb so it should be good for pretty much anything I want to keep in this tank.
I'm setting this up next to my desk so that makes it a 3 sided viewable tank....hope it looks good in its final position.
I have about 20 pounds of rock curing in my sump for about 3 months now so it should be cycled and ready to go.
Anyway hers a pic of the tank in its spot.
180G tank, custom DIY stand, Sunlight Supply-Sun Blaze 48" 8 bulb T5HO fixture, EuroReef CS6-1 and Vertex in 180 skimmers, 1/4 HP chiller, Tunze wavebox, 40G sump, and 40G refugium. http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57451