View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 06:16 AM

untamed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin_Lee View Post
You mentioned you need some modification to your gate valves on your overflow. Can you elaborate?

Where did you get the 90 degree metal brackets for your front and side ramps?

I see an air duct in ceiling - does this goes into your house's furnace air return? If so, any consideration to venting the air directly out of the house? In my setup, I am looking to install a dehumistat on my fan to vent moist air directly out of the house when the relative humidity gets too high.

great job.
The photo I posted shows 3/4" gate valves. It turned out that these couldn't carry enough of the flow. I needed the 1.5" outlet to be restricted...but not that much. I've since replaced these with 1.5", which I can dial back as much as required. I tried to save some money, and it cost me more in the long run. Anyone looking for some 3/4" gate valves?

The 90 degree brackets. That project is in my garage. Still top secret that one. The brackets were fabricated by a local metal shop. Cheap and simple.

I should have mentioned the ceiling duct. That vents directly to the outside. I may run it on a humidistat and/or thermostat...or I just might run it all the time. We'll see.