View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 03:00 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasq40 View Post
I do have a good refractometer and I do my w/c at 1.025. My di resin is all out so I'm sitting at 1pmm as I awhile some more resin, as again locally there's nothing. I use instant ocean reef salt as that's all I have access to
FYI, DI resin works via ionic binding, which is essentially a magnetic attraction. When DI resin is "used up" it loses this magnetic attraction and will quite suddenly let go of everything it has attracted. For this reason, it is very important to change the DI resin the moment you see 1 ppm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasq40 View Post
I'll snag some good photos with my camera tonight. I've been running this tank for 4-5 years with most of the coral, I moved it from a 66 gallon with 55 fuge downstairs to what it is now about 2 years ago. In that time I've upgraded equipment,like going to the mp40ws and the radions from my old ai sol blues. I've been a lazy keeper and had things do alright, I'm just ready to start having things thrive then survive.
Ok sounds good, I'll keep an eye open for the pics. The large amount of soft corals will also irritate LPS corals, so if you really want LPS to thrive, you'll want to really diminish the soft coral takeover. Don't do anything with those polyps until they are identified though. Even if they are the "bad" ones, the chance of them having high levels of Palytoxin is low, though I feel a moral obligation to warn people when I see them. Especially in such vast numbers.

SPS fanatic.