View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 09:34 PM

Duckhams is on a distinguished road

Here's a quick pic update. I've been playing around with coral placement a lot, so things still need to settle and grow in, and there's a few corals to place still. But you get the idea of where it's heading, things are really taking shape now. A few corals didn't photograph well in this setting, and there's a few not shown. I'll try to do a full photo list soon.

I've also been battling a major 'brown slime' bloom (possibly dino's) for the last month. Long story short, i've been manually removing them once a week during regular water changes. For the last week i've been using Korallen-Zucht's Coral Snow in line with Brigthwell's MicroBacter7 and that seems to have done the job. Ultimately the algae is using up nutrients, which is a good thing, so I let it run it's course and try not to freak out while manually removing it so that it doesn't negatively effect my corals. In a more established tank, I might do other things too. But as the tank is so new, I let it balance itself out with little to no change in husbandry, accept the addition of the Coral Snow and MB7.

Feb 15th 2016 FTS
[/url]

Bali Green Slimer (Acropora Yongei)
[/url]

Superman/Bullseye Rhodactis
[/url]

Grape Vine acro (Acropora Secale)
[/url]

Yellow Highlighter (Acropora Caroliniana)
[/url]

Mr.Pacman (Acropora Hurlock)
[/url]

Purple Highlighter (Acropora Plana)
[/url]

Tear Drop Tridacna Clam
[/url]

Rasta's (Zoanthids)
[/url]

[/url]

[/url]

Mr.Pacman (Acropora Hurlock)
[/url]

Used to be neon yellow, now neon green (Acropora Vermiculata)
[/url]

Chilli Pepper Monti (Montipora sp.)
[/url]

Yellow Nebula Yuma Mushroom
[/url]

BIG REEF Tank Re-Build Thread: http://www.gtaaquaria.com/forum/show...=46508&page=23