View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 11:26 PM

zum14 is on a distinguished road

If they make corals not only illegal to sell but even illegal to own there will a considerable drop in this hobby. I have never seen a wild coral in real life that wasn't on a tv. Seeing it on tv was cool but nothing beats growing and building a reef in your living room. Being able to see them in the stores and going to other people's tanks is what got me into this mess and now if you asked me to help with the ocean I might actually get off the couch and do something. Before it was just an image on the tv. They will do more damage doing this instead of maybe tightening down on coral harvesting and increasing enforcement on those rules. I can not disagree that it's people to blame, wether its harvesting, pollution or climate change ( not so much the last one but that's another argument ) maybe some of them emission credits all them big businesses are buying to pollute above current EPA standards should go to someone who can help nature a bit. I know people say we're supposed to let nature take its course but well we already got our hands in there so we may as well do something good. Just my .02

"Nah, unless they got any big, giant robot camels I think were ok."

"Ah.....Jim.......robot camels"