View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 02:34 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

It would be nice to see you back in the game you had a nice tank.

If your wondering at tank size I'd recommend 80-100 gallons as it would be big enough for most mid sized fish and you can stock it fairly well and size envy would be less of an issue.

Equipment for the most part has gotten cheaper and there is still a huge demand on used equipment as well.

LEDs are the new lighting options to go with although the LED/T5 hybrids are popular as well. Downside is its still expensive as hell to buy.

There is a wider range of skimmers available now and can be quite cheap to buy quality skimmers.

There are several controllers on the market with Apex Wireless now the sought after controller system you can now pick up used wired Apex systems for around the $3 to $400 range on average.

Biggest change you will see is in livestock pricing most have gone up by 50% and others have tripled in price for both inverts and fish with Tank Raised being more expensive than wild caught now.

As to Corals its buyer beware lots of private sellers will charge you an arm and a leg even for common coral and often one or two heads on a tiny plug. Your best bet is store bought or from trusted private sellers as even though coral has gone up in pricing you can still get nice coral at decent rates.

Canada Corals and Bayside corals seem to be the big coral sellers now.

Hope to see you back in the game again.