View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 07:20 PM

George is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetap View Post
Thanks for your replies Mike & George...

It is a 30Gal tank. The store advised me to get about 30lbs of live rocks based on 1 gal = 1 lbs. I didn’t get any test results from them. When I brought a sample to the store, they add some chemicals and checked the colors…and said water is clean. I remember he said that he checked for Nitrite, nitrate and ammonia...

If I did a test now…would they be able to tell…if it is due to an ammonia attack? Do I need to clear the entire water tank before I try out again? Is there anything I could do to prevent this in the future?

Is there any store that you would recommend?

Several possibilities. Your tank is new so maybe it's still in the process of cycling. You are adding fish too fast (did you add 4 clowns at the same time?). add one or two fish at a time and wait for the bio filter to catch up to the load before adding another fish.
How long did you wait between adding live rocks and fish? (uncured) live rock may cause your tank to go into another cycle.
You are in Vancouver. Maybe King Ed Pet Center is closer for you. They are at: 7377 Kingsway, Burnaby.
Or you can make your way to JL Aquatics, 205A-3430 Brighton Ave.Burnaby.
Either of these stores should be able to test your water sample and give you good advice.
Good luck. And go slow.