View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 10:53 PM

Llorgon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyl View Post
PMUP on that unit is a lemon and frequently the cause of failure for an ATK. The sensors can also go bad, or the module itself. Not the best of Neptune releases, I'd say their most unreliable product which is ironic since people purchase it solely for reliability.

If they insist you return the product for RMA that's another $20 or so to ship it out, something to keep in mind.

In my case it's the module its-self.

They are shipping me a new one now. In a package with return postage. So I put down a $100 deposit which they hold until they get the broken unit back. Then I get the money back. As long as it isn't broken due to water or physical damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogger View Post
I am sorry to hear of your problems.

I think the most important feature of an Auto Top off is reliability. If you can't trust it where does that leave you, a disaster only a heart beat away.

Doesn't sound like the Neptune ATO fits those requirements based on the responses I am hearing from different reefers.

I stopped using my float value when I found it was unreliable and bit the bullet and purchased the best ATO available. Also building in a back up into your topoff is not a bad idea.

My back up is only having a day and a half worth of water in my topoff bucket. Even if it completely dumps all the water into the tank it will not throw out the salinity that much. Those reefers that hook the auto topoff directly up to their R/O system are tempting the gods.

Ya I have had a few issues with this ATO unit. Luckly I have always caught it before anything bad happened.

What ATO did you buy?

I usually have about a 1-3 days worth of water in my reservoir. Unless I am going on vacation and will be away for any period of time.