Thread: Toronto LFS?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 11:35 AM

DAVE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunggi74 View Post
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
Dave, I'm going to print that list you put up and mark all the LFS on my map. Question, what is SUM and NAFB? I know we will be heading out to Niagra during the visit and Hamilton is on the way

I will have to get a hold of MJC and the other vendors to see where they are and what times are good for them.

As for bringing corals back. If I see something I absolutely have to have, I'll buy and have vendor ship to Vancouver I guess. My sister and her husband are both customs agents so I will have to ask them what I can and cannot bring on a plane with me back. He's a supervisor at Pearson so maybe he could help me out

If it turns out that I can bring certain corals back, I'll be sure to post on this thread.
SUM = Sea U Marine (located in Markham)
NAFB = North American Fish Breeders (located in Scarborough)

Both are worth the visit, as they are probably the cheapest places to purchase corals/fish. They don't necessarily have the high end, ultra pieces (these are fast picked over within the first hours of a new shipment), but there is always a gem or two that can be found and prices are always good.

If you are heading to Niagara, there is definitely a sleeper store in Hamilton (2 min off the QEW), I won't say much about this guy, but I don't think you will be disappointment with a visit