View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 05:39 AM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sigh...I have seen this look before

I swore this was the LAST try and was really hoping it would work out but I am not so sure now. I have noticed my "newish" Copperband acting kind of lethargic. Maybe lethargic is not the best description. Maybe "brain dead" is better. LOL. He looks incredibly healthy and until two days ago acted normal. He started getting less active and hangs in corners a lot now. Kind of stares blankly at rocks.

I have seen this almost every time I have tried a Copperband and with their track record for being cyanide caught, I am not surprised. I spoke to someone who is a collector in the Philippines (on RC) the other day and he confirmed that the amount of cyanide caught fish from that part of the world is much, much more than we think. So makes sense. I have also seen the aftermath of cyanide collecting there first hand...but that wasn't the point of this thread

Hate to see such a beautiful fish who is eating very aggressively (even pellets!) just suddenly get "that look" again If that it is true, then it must be around the 4-6 month period since he was caught since that seems to be about how long cyanide fish last...hope I am wrong though.