View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 04:54 AM

1eyedjyde is on a distinguished road

looks like I cant upload any more photos, weird. The tank is a 120 gal as the title suggests 4'x2'x2'. It is currently drilled for a 2" overflow box on the right and a 1" drain upper left. Three holes were drilled in the bottom for the closed loop returns, the inlet was originally plumed in over the top. I plan on keeping the three bottom returns for the close loop as they are but I think I will move the inlet to the 1" left drain location. This means I will be drilling the back of the tank to increase the hole size up to the 2" for the snapper pump. The return pump from the sump is the mag drive 12 so at 5-6ft of head it will only be pushing 1000gph so the overflow with 2" drain should be plenty. The curent close loop return has one return on each side coming up from the bottom at 45 deg and a spray bar running between them. I like this setup as I think it will increase flow through the display rock and by moving the inlet through the back of the tank will be a beter visual. The sump just needs a good cleaning and it should be good to go.

weather permitting the stand should be inplace this weekend with the sump. The tank will have to wait untill I can get a large enough hole saw but in the mean time I can clean it up and get it ready. Then I can start looking into the lighting. The PO found a second MH pod but the coil is gone in the ballast so if I can get ahold of a replacement coil I will be running 2 - 250watt MHs. Should be good enough to start.