Thread: lf trusted LFS
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 09:43 PM

chutsk10 is on a distinguished road

I have found that JL is the best place for fish/corals. They will also likely order in items on request. Depending on how busy they are it's sometimes hard to get attention in the fish room but if they slow I find the service is good. Oceanic corals on Fraser Highway also has some "high end" corals but they come with more of a price tag.

In either case, it totally depends on when you get there relative to their livestock shipments. Some weeks I go and find several pieces I like, others I leave empty handed.

Stores like King Ed's, Rogers, Pauls and Aquariums West are better for supplies I think (although I prefer the selection at JL). You might find an odd livestock gem in there from time to time but expect to leave empty handed more times than not.

Note: If we are talking freshwater Aquariums West, Rogers and King Ed's have great livestock/plant selection.

Edit: I also tend to find the better pieces through the users here. If you monitor the forum daily you might be fast enough to snag up a few lol.

Last edited by chutsk10; 03-26-2014 at 09:46 PM.