View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 01:34 AM

sweet ride is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishytime View Post
I agree....the islands look great .....I hope they are secure tho, looks like if you get any more growth, they may get top heavy and topple
Thanks fishytime!!! as far as am concern they are secure enough!!!! knock on wood!!!! When I get more growth I will just have to keep pruning!!!! frags anyone!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stones View Post
It's nice to see the progression your tank has gone through. Too bad about the pseudo-crash but it seems the longer a person keeps a reef tank, the more inevitable a tank crash becomes.

Are you running all of your top off water through a kalk reactor or do you run a pH regulated system via a controller whereby the system only gets topped off with kalk when the pH is low? I've been contemplating doing this for some time now as the pH in my tank is usually <8 even during daylight hours.
I have to agree with you a system crash major or minor is inevitable. It could be a simple as a bad batch or salt, accident or even user error! funny looking back they always said it comes it threes, himmmm guess those were my three from last year!!!

Currently am not using any reactor/stirrer but one has been ordered!!! I just mix them in a one gallon container and the ATO feed directly from it. I've always been changed as far as PH is concern, I could never get them over 8 day or night so a ph regulator is never needed how ever I do have a PH monitor attached to my RKL.