View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 08:14 PM

ScubaSteve is on a distinguished road
Default What reef tank inventions would you like to see?

The other day it hit me how many people on here are welders, engineers, designers, programmers, machinists, biologists, etc and pretty much everyone here can DIY the crud out of anything they want and I started ask myself "why aren't we more progressive in terms of equipment design and methods?".

Part of the problem is that whenever you think "Man, I really wish I had a _______" or "I wish my _______ did this or did this better" it just comes as a passing thought and you don't write it down, or you assume it's outside of your capabilities. So I thought let's create a thread where we can keep a repository of cool ideas and designs that we can either crowd source for ideas or have one member who's a particular pro at one idea weigh in and help solve a design problem.

Let's also keep a list of what capabilities different members have as well. The other day Skimmer King was looking for someone to build a bigger skimmer cup for him but no one seemed able to help him. Imisky and I both do plastics but are busy, it'd be awesome to see who else could help out. Or, if you wanted to learn how to do something, easily find a member who can help you out.

So let's hear all those cool/crazy ideas you've been thinking about and share the talent!