View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 03:21 AM

Roskoreef is on a distinguished road

oh man do i ever feel for you, I feel like we have had very similar tank issues... Dry rock, zeovit and my acros started stning, then i also had an ick outbreak from an emporer angel i added (dumb fish to add to a reef tank btw) that killed over 13 fish and quick 1000 bucks. Several tangs, clownfish, mandarins(prob not ich but weird timing), 10 chromis 1 by 1, it was awful. After about 12 days there was my coris wrasse and 3 chromis that seems to be doing just fine.

I had planned on going fallow but couldnt catch the coris...so i just left it alone for a good month. I recently started to add fish again...

Ich is still present in my tank, for sure, but none of my fish I have added have died. I beleive that feeding well and have a very good source of oxygen for the water ( i added another exteral skimmer) keeps fish healthy and heavy oxygen is hard for ich parasites to thrive. My fish show some spots here and there in the evening, but by mid day they are all ich free it seems. so far i have added 15 chromis, a yellow eye tang, mellanarus wrasse, male and female bird wrasse and several anthias..All relatively hardy except for the tang..

Im still not going to QT anymore but i now realise that great husbandy and hardy fish with well oxygenated water is the way i am going to deal with ich.