Thread: DI resin refil
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2002, 11:23 AM

stephane is on a distinguished road
Default DI resin refil

I have see some asking question about bulk resin in the aqua FX forum since I realy disagree whith the responce (normal they live whit that)but I dont want to reply on there forum I will do it here. ther is the original post
http://www.canreef.com/ubb6/cgi-bin/...;f=28;t=000002
I know that I a am not very active here and most dont know me a lot here but I am more active on RC and for those who know me I will never recomend someting that I am not absolutly shure
so if some of you want to save just go for it

I am probably the only one in Canada to have made it (orther the bulk) after reaserch a lot on RC with some felow there and talking even with Resin Depos more than once. Resin Depos is a US compagny who only sale resin like those for laboratory and more so they know them better than any RO retailer and after have personaly deal whit them they are absolutly top notch and top customer care service I have ever see

I have it now for a couple of month and very please,and all US fellow that have it to it just work like a charm

the resin to buy is the MB-1 mixed bed cation and anion. Resin depos have already mix it in proper ration to be utilize in unit like us.

so in respond to Fred you need to buy cation and anion mixed bed a refilable cartrige fill it whith the resin and you will have a 0 tds output.
As the MB-1 dont shift in color you will need a TDS meter. Aquarium pro have a good inline on for 60$ Resin depos have the color changing one but I tink it is useless since the color will shift before the cartrige is exausted Same as the commercial cartrige you by from any LFS so a TDS is a must have if you deal whith RO DI

the refilabe cartrige are 13.99$ us + shipping and brokerage from dr fostersmith

and the resin is 99$ us bulk +60$ us shipping + 65$ can, brokerage and duty

You have enought to made 28 refil with the bulk at a cost of 12.50$ each
compare to 50$ for a DI is a big saving

if you want only a couple of refil I could sale you some 15$ can. each since I have enought left for the next 50 years

See you Stephane

[ 11 May 2002, 07:27: Message edited by: stephane ]