Thread: DI resin refil
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2002, 02:59 PM

Marianne is on a distinguished road
Default OK, Knowledge bases

Stephane,

I am sure you felt justified putting me in a general classification as "some retailer"...however, I would like to clear a few things up about "MY" personal qualifications & credentials in the water treatment industry.

FYI, I worked for the US Geological Survey, Water Resource Division for 5 years, while earning my Environmental Engineer degree. I cannot say for sure that the fellow that you spoke with at the "DEPOT" would or wouldn't know more about water treatment, resins, carbon, membranes than I do, but I'm sure that my personal credentials far exceed the majority of 'salesmen/saleswomen' working for most companies. While I am not trying to discredit any other company - please do understand that not all 'RO/DI Retaillers' can be put into the same category. Just as many people have had issues going into local fish stores getting 'wrong' or 'uneducated' advice regarding their tank from a 'salesperson' - the same holds true here. Supplying the Aquarium industry with RO and RO/DI equipment is only a very small portion of the AquaFX business. We provide water filtration solutions to government agencies, and only deal with the aquarium industry because we like to assist individuals, such as yourself, outside the corporate/government world.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but please insure that you have done your research completely before you make 'generalized' public statements, especially when you are making assumptions. These 'generalized statements' can discredit people, such as myself, who have worked very hard to achieve 'above average' knowledge and credentials.

Should you have any questions that you would like answered - please feel free to contact me directly.

Sincerely,

Marianne Brizio

Environmental Engineer

President

Aqua Engineering & Equipment, Inc.

info@aquariumwaterfilters.com