View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 11:43 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewherebeyondthesea View Post
I can vouch for you Laurie! I beleive we met at the last Edmonton meet! I can safely say you did not throw off any negative vibes, nor were you rude by any means. In fact you were very chipper...almost too chipper

But you were also very passionate about your many tanks that you've spent many countless hours on. I really enjoyed talking with you and everyone there, as it truly excites people to talk about this hobby.
Thank-you, we did, and it was nice meeting you too I am very bubbly and generally a very happy person, I am quite passionate about the hobby and at times I get carried away and I sometimes go a bit overboard. Ironically some people have wondered (and actually asked me) if I was for real because of how I'm always usually fairly chipper/happy and easy going. It's just the way I am, but if someone is not used to that, I can see how it could throw people off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
From the view of the original OP, who might never have been on a forum to have been called a troll from the start, or at least suspected of it could have triggered their anger.

A pm might have worked better in this case
Good point.

I will confess I was originally thinking the OP was MarkoD. I had overheard him say if he ever got banned (for a prolonged period of time) then he'd go to a friends house and create a new account and start controversial threads. So I do apologize to the OP, for this not being the case, but at the time, I couldn't help but wonder if it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan View Post
what Laurie was taking issiue with I think is the desire to become responsible for the welfare of living creatures without first properly researching them.
Exactly