View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 07:55 PM

Pan is on a distinguished road

From the view of the original OP, who might never have been on a forum to have been called a troll from the start, or at least suspected of it could have triggered their anger.

A pm might have worked better in this case

But I agree the quicker and unfortunately more forcefully we stick to an ethical view towards livestock the better - we are all of course keeping animals in a glass box would would prefer the wild..Tank raised perhaps aside.

But there are most assuredly minimums required in this hobby..(strange word when you think about the welfare of living creatures as a hobby).

The Original Poster does not meet them, and their lack of knowledge is seemingly quite large (the quip about a friend recommending is not good enough to defend against poor research, what Laurie was taking issiue with I think is the desire to become responsible for the welfare of living creatures without first properly researching them. It is not enough to say oh I will fix it later, much like the Its okay for now I'm gonna upgrade....upgrade first lie later...

Just because they look healthy now does not mean they are, and one day when you come home and they are dead you will either try again (remember living creatures) or be fed up with the keeping of marine creatures. One who practices good, reliable, conscientious husbandry is always preferable to the oh it died i'll just get another.

Most people on this forum feel strongly towards the animals in their care...you will not find much sympathy for lack of research or bad husbandry practices I don't think.

But all that being said, Welcome to Canreef...let the lifelong learning commence