View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 05:18 AM

IronChefItaly is on a distinguished road
Default LF Stocking Advice - Calling all Anthias Keepers!

Hello readers! I'm looking to finally finish stocking my tank and I've been giving strong consideration to a group of anthias. My end goal is to create a very peaceful yet diverse system with an absolute priority to the livelihood of the inhabitants. I have found there to be a great deal of disagreement regarding the required aquarium size and I was hoping the Canreef community could help me make the right decision.

As for numbers, I was thinking to try three to five with consideration to selecting a smaller, hardy and peaceful species - possibly lyretail, bartlett's, dispar or randall's.

My primary concern here is aggression or compatibility. It may be worth mentioning that none of my fish apart from the chromis really occupy the open water or top half of my tank. As it sits, I feed my fish and corals A LOT so daily feeding and bioload is not an issue. I am also ready to accept that I am at my stocking cap and to keep things as is. Any experience and advice that may help any part of my decision making would be greatly appreciated. As always, thanks for reading!

Current fish...
Male pintail wrasse, very peaceful
Yellow tang, peaceful to all other fish except my hand
Occelaris clownfish pair
Orange diamond goby
Blue chromis
Yellow clown goby
Catalina goby

Considerations...
Coral beauty
Royal gramma
Group of anthias