View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 05:57 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Still doing my freshwater test while I wait for the following to arrive (wait is KILLING ME):

Tunze 9002
Custom Collection cup to fit Solana
Tunze Osmolator
Tunze 6025
BRS 2-part Chems, RO/DI membrane
150w Radium 20k

The done list:

Wired up my new Ranco temp controller today (had sold old one along with my Osmolator when I shut down the last tank). There were a few extra steps/parts since I made a mistake and ordered the 24V (not 120V) version but it's keeping my tank temp perfectly now.

Removed stock pump and have a dead silent (and cooler) MJ600 in there now.

Added sand after a thorough rinsing. Sand is CaribSea and is a nice mix of finer grains with some coral/shell bits.

Wired and attached moonlights. Not sure of the brand but there are 3 LEDS which are tie-wrapped to part of a black plastic coat hanger piece. This is in turn tie-wrapped to the pendant arm.

Guts of my stand not as clean and organized as my old one and i totally don't care =) I plan to frost the glass so my shameful pile of cords is hidden. Will have a small topoff reservoir on the bottom shelf...fancy tupperware or something.

Last edited by lastlight; 04-21-2010 at 05:59 AM.