View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 06:07 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Personally, I have no problems with any of these videos.

Also, when I had a devastating tank crash due to a Marine Velvet outbreak, it took the heart out of me with regards to this addiction. I was ready to throw in the towel. But I didn't make a hasty decision when I was feeling devastated by the losses. Instead, I took some time out to think if I still had it in me to continue. It was actually my wife who encouraged me to take a bit of a break and try again. For the OP, stating that she hasn't made up her mind whether or not to restock and start over after this massive tank wipeout is the same situation I went through (although I'm not a YouTube kinda guy). If she has a lot of "online followers" then its a logical step to state that she will make her decision later and post it on a future video. How else would someone who posts videos online regularly do it? If I usually text my ideas or opinions to my fishie friends, then I would text that I will let them know by text once I make up my mind on a fairly significant decision. So to me, this is the same thing, except she does things by video. I don't see anything "sinister" in mentioning at the end of this video that she'll let everyone know her final decision in a future vid.

For the record, I have posted on some of her earlier videos and the OP did respond back both by post and PMs. If she posts links to her videos on 75 forums (as another member stated earlier) I'm sure its a very time consuming chore to respond to every thread on every forum. I am only on BCAquaria and Canreef (regularly in terms of fish forums) and its sometimes not easy to keep up with everything going on with just two forums. I believe she's in the UK so Canreef is a foreign site to her, so one she will less likely to post on or visit as regularly as UK fish sites.

BTW, I have read a lot of threads on both my "home" forums where someone posts a question or opinion in a new thread and never responds back to follow up postings, so again, not a big deal. Why get offended or consider try to find something sinister behind it? Seems a waste of energy to me, since lots of members are more lurkers than posters. After all, I belong to a citrus growers forum which I visit occasionally and it is often weeks between posts for me on that forum, since its not one of my main "home" forums.

Also, if my tank was just wiped out, the last thing I would be doing is deciding if I should still buy a Copperband Butterfly fish, which are notoriously tricky to keep under optimal conditions.

Just my opinion.

Anybody who doesn't want to watch any future videos by the OP is following their own inclinations and opinions. Just seemed the comments on this thread were becoming too one-sided for me to stand on the sidelines and not post my own comments.

loumaggs, hope this tank crash does not discourage you from resetting up your system, but with more backups to prevent future problems.

Anthony