View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 04:44 PM

kevNnic is on a distinguished road
Default longest cycle ever????? Please advise!!!

well, im still in the process of cycling my tank i guess.... Seems to be takin light years!!

started my cycle around april 20th and began with 30lbs of dry rock and 10lbs of live. realized i wasnt going to get anywhere with 10lbs of live rock so i added 30 more pounds of live rock on MAY 10th.

It is now june 7th and i have noticed no changed in my tank... no algee other than what was on the live rock, when i purchased it. The dry rock appears to be about the same as when i first got it.

How long can i expect this to take? ammonia has stayed quite low the whole time as well as no nitrate or nitrite spike.

what can i do to speed things up, and what are th proper methods in doing a cycle. should i be doing consitant water changes or just topping up the tank.

Had ignored it for the past 10 days and did a quick test and my specific gravity was 1.030, didn't bother testing anything else, did a water change and brought it back down to the normal range.

its a 65gallon tank, how often should i be changing the water and how much?

i feel i am being pretty patient but it would be nice to notice a change even if minimal!

please help,

thanks

kevin